Thursday, April 8, 2010

Big Kid

On Tuesday, the director at one (yes Mikayla goes to more than one school...) asked if it would be ok if they moved her up to the 3-4 year old class. I was totally ecstatic because that's where I wanted her in the beginning. (She is currently in the late 1's and 2's class because her birthday is after Sept 1. She was one of two children potty trained, she is the oldest, and she is the most vocal and understandable and I felt she would be better stimulated in the older class room...not that I'm a bragging mom or anything)
Anyway, I digress... Tuesday when Michael picked her up she exclaimed that she was going to the big kids class tomorrow (tomorrow = Thursday). She named the friends she would play with, her new teacher's name and she had to call her Lolo and Lola to exclaim the great news!
This morning, Mikayla got her clothes from her closet, socks and shoes and asked if I could take off her pj top because since she was a big girl going into the big kids class she could dress all by herself! Proud mommy that I am I let her (luckily we decided on an outfit last night). We packed a big kids lunch (lunchable) along with an orange, yogurt, and pretzels...got into my truck and headed to school. Once we signed in the director came out and asked if it would be ok to start Mikayla in the "big kids" class on Tuesday...a bit deflated I said sure (apparently there's a new kid that started that was going to require a lot of attention from Mikayla's new teacher). If you think I was deflated, imagine the look on Mikayla's face while she listened. We had to back to the truck to get her jacket (it is a bit breezy today) and while we were walking out there Mikayla said "why did I put on my big girl dress if I'm not going to the big kids class?" (implying that she dressed special for today...) My heart broke a bit for her because she sooooo wanted to be a big kid!! Luckily I told her that Miss Bonnie and Miss Grace wanted to see her one last time before she joined the big kid class...that seemed to pacify her.

Let's hope for no more delays next week...Big Kid Class here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment