Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Things we say...

So here's an update on some of the latest and greatest out of Mikayla's mouth...

We recently acquired a dog, Bud the boxer. A friend needed to have a few of her dogs go to good homes because she didn't have the time to love on the dogs, plus work, plus new baby. She knew that we LOVE boxers and asked us if we would consider adopting Bud. We told Mikayla that we would be watching Bud for awhile just to make sure that Bud and Mikayla were compatible. Turns out that Bud is the PERFECT dog for us!! He sleeps more than any dog I know! So after almost a week, Mikayla called my friend Amy with a very important question...

MAC - Hi Amy!
Amy - Hi Mikayla! How are you?
MAC - Fine...
Amy - That's good...
MAC - I have something to ask you...Um, I have two dogs, Sarah and Wolfy but um they are just pretend dogs, and I don't have a real dog and I was wondering if I could keep Bud?
Amy - Do you take good care of him?
MAC - Yes (doing her excited hand rub and scrunched up face)
Amy - Do you love Bud?
MAC - YES!
Amy - Ok, as long as you promise to take good care of him and love him, you can keep him
MAC - Ok, THANK YOU!!!

Per Amy...it was the sweetest conversation and as I listened to it and watched Mikayla's face I couldn't agree more!



A few mornings ago I asked Mikayla to clean up the front room...aka her play area she calls the back room...
MAC - "Mom, I need a little help..."
Me - "Honey, you made the mess all by yourself so you get to clean it all by yourself..."
MAC - "Mom, part of your job description is to clean up after me..."
Me - "Ahhhh, No"

Last night my mom and dad came over to watch Mikayla while Michael and I went to parent/teacher night. I told my parent's that Mikayla could not eat anything else until she finished her corndog to which Mikayla said...
"Lola, I don't mind if you want to share with me..." Sneaky little girl!

Other things my almost four year old is in to...
Mine's bigger
I'm bigger/older
Mom, who's bigger/older?
Mom, he/she made a bad decision didn't they? (talking about ANYONE she sees smoking...)
I love Hello Kitty!
I love Princess (insert any Disney Princess character...especially Sleeping Beauty!)
Mom, she's my best friend!
We're not friends anymore...
We're best friends again!
I love Bud (our new dog) but can we a girl dog too?? I never had a girl dog before...(we've had Bud for 7 days...)

So this is Mikayla in a nutshell!

No comments:

Post a Comment