Sunday, May 16, 2010

Friend to all

So as I am kicking back with a diet coke, sitting on the back patio watching Mikayla throw a ball back and forth over the fence with the neighbors kids I realized that my child has a farmer's tan! I know this because she is shirtless (she was partaking in a red popsicle...hence the no shirt on). Her belly and shoulders are a creamy white and her arms and face have a healthy summer glow to them. It's incredibly cute. What's even cuter is that our neighbors speak Arabic to each other and Mikayla pretends to speak Arabic too!! The neighbor's daughter is approx 9 or 10 years old and is a wonderful big sister type. She is always willing to play with Mikayla and she knows how to say things so Mikayla understands. Anyway, she gets a kick out of listening to Mikayla mutter non-sense trying to imitate her.

Which leads me to ponder how my child acts around other kids... Needless to say I am blessed. Mikayla can go to the park and not have anyone to play with and be totally at home with her over active imagination (we have several siblings we are forever picking up from school...and for those who don't know, Mikayla is an only child). If there are others around, Mikayla flocks to older kids and babies...but she will play with anyone, anyone at all. She truly likes people of all shapes and sizes...accents included! We were at the mall play area and she heard a mom speaking spanish to her child. She comes running over to me to imitate the conversation!! We were walking into her school and she wanted to know why the lady behind us was speaking spanish...I had to explain that the lady behind us was speaking chinese (I hope) and not spanish. Mikayla then wants to know why she doesn't understand chinese!! What a fuit loop!!

I am lucky that she is soooooo open and I hope to foster an environment where she continues to sees no boundries.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Cant wait to see you this coming weekend! Love ya, Stacie

    ReplyDelete